Thursday, August 4, 2011

there's strength in numbers

no matter what the diagnosis, people shouldn't face a disease alone. There's a certain freedom in commiserating with others in your situation, whether it be an in person group or an online forum - sharing ideas and stories with your contemporaries goes a long way in helping people cope and deal with their situations and lets people know that they are not alone. - All that said, I came back from my in-person support group for my multiple sclerosis just now and I feel pretty good, it was good to hear that my own neurologist is going to be involved in some upcoming medication studies and I also got to see some of my friends that I hadn't seen in a few months.... I wanted to share this because I feel it's never too late to speak your mind and have an open ear to listen at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment