Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Positive mental outlook when it comes to MS

No one ever said that having an incurable disease was an easy thing, but being in the midst of this battle I figured being negative and being angry doesn't help or my wife. The only drawback that I can see is that some people might view me as being weak or a tee-totaler, I've been refered to as worse (I'm from New Jersey after all). Having a thick skin helps in many of lifes battles, I encounter situations everyday on the internet*, a few of these situations play out in discussion boards regarding specific MS Treatments. (*fighting on the internet is pointless and only accomplishes a hollow victory) People in the MS life we are an open and usually accepting bunch but when it comes to treatment there seems to be defined camps. Regardless of treatment choice, I try to view ALL battling this disease as an all, someone who can share knowledge fro their point of view (Your MS may not be like my MS and vice versa)

You don't necessarily have to be religious to have a pacifist like attitude, meditation can help (as well as help in MS). For me it's a combination of a few things, one of them being Citalopram (Celexa) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citalopram ,it may not be everyones personal solution but I have to admit it has really helped in my life. Please consult your doctor as I am NOT one :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ricky,
    Please visit my blog and collect The Sunshine Award.
    I received the award from Ana and am happy to pass it on to you to show my appreciation of your blog.
    I hope you will also enjoying passing it on as I have.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete