Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday afternoon mania

By mania I refer to the fact that I spent this early afternoon lugging a garbage can to my backyard to pull weeds. In the grand scheme of things it would be a good idea, but I should be thankful that I didn't overheat and get fatigued. Aside from that I think I did a pretty decent job. Before this morning our yard looked haunted.

I know I don't have to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, and I have to be safer than that but I was smart. I started the "yard mission" at 11:30am, it rained all morning so the yard was kind of cool up until the last 10 minutes. I really haven't done anything strenuous or that tasking (aside from lumbar punctures or playing rocket man inside of an MRI machine) in close to 18 months. I missed it. Beside the temperature getting higher I had to come in because pulling the weeds kept leaving divots in the yard and I was afraid of getting stuck.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the yardwork, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've lived with MS for so many years and didn't know about this entire MS community online!!

    I haven't looked at your whole blog~ You must be walking to get outside and weed! It's amazing how grateful we are for accomplishing what we used to take for granted!!

    Keep it up!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. getting around somewhat well, taking it slower today

    ReplyDelete