Saturday, March 17, 2012

it's that time again

last year I got involved in Dewey's 24 Readathom and its love of all things literary. It was important to me to do this in light of the cognitive issues that I (as well as countless others) have with Multiple Sclerosis. The 24 hour event is scheduled for April 21st  (times may vary, check the link) the event highlights the love of reading. You don't have to be a speed reader to partake but note it helps to have a blog or facebook page in order to post brief summaries or just publicize you participation. Some participants do their reading with a specific charity in mind, I've never done this because I feel odd handling monies that aren't mine. Instead of getting involved from a monetary standpoint I try to publicize the National Multiple Sclerosis Association and bring light to other MSers out there.

You don't have to be disabled to partake, I invite you to check out the link and see if you're game

No comments:

Post a Comment